Property Insurance Claims
Property Insurance provides cover for physical loss or damage. Types of claims include Burglary, Small Fires, Business Interruption, Accidental Damage, Malicious Damage, Money Loss and Glass Breakage.
Small Property Insurance Claims
What to Do
In the event of a claim:
- Immediately contact your insurance broker or insurer to report the claim and arrange an assessor to be appointed, if required.
- Return a claim form as soon as practicable (within 7 days).
- In the event of burglary, malicious damage and/or money loss Immediately report the matter to Police.
- Retain any damaged property or equipment until otherwise authorised by the insurers.
- Minimise loss by taking precautions to secure premises or vehicle to prevent further damage.
- Never admit liability as it is up to your insurers to accept or reject liability.
- Communication is important and all documentation should be forwarded as quickly as possible after the incident.
Large Property Insurance Claims
What to Do
Following the occurrence of a major loss and the summoning of emergency assistance where appropriate, your broker or insurer will arrange for a loss assessor to be on site without delay.
The claims management plan is a three phase operation:
- Immediate post loss phase
- Rehabilitation phase
- Settlement phase
|Emergency services summoned (Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Police)
|Notify your broker
||Architect and engineer plans and specifications||Review of your claim with insurance broker and underwriter/loss assessors|
||Loss assessors report to underwriters||Agreement on adjustments to claim|
|Counter disaster plan activated||Tenders called for reconstruction of work||Claims release executed|
|Staff and workforce informed of effect on operations||Reconstruction work undertaken||Collection of claims expenses for submission to your insurer|
|Customers and suppliers informed of interruption||Separate accounts for cost allocation||Payment of agreed claim amount (for Business interruption claims)|
|Emergency alternative production facilities organised||Progress payments authorised through loss assessor|
|Preliminary plans for rehabilitation||Supervision and advice from insurer broker|
After Advice or A Quote
Optimum Insurance Services are qualified insurance advisers. We welcome all enquiries in relation to our insurance products and services. To obtain advice or a competitive quotation enquire online. If you would like to discuss your specific needs further, please call 1300 739 861 and speak with our friendly and helpful advisers.